Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Over the Weekend


This is Furgie enjoying her weekend while Matt was busy with a garden project. The weather was gorgeous this weekend, and I had hoped we could do something active outside like hiking or biking. But instead, Matt had me doing chores and he was determined to work in our backyard.

I did have fun teasing Matt while he attempted to take the ivy that his buddy Grant ripped out of his yard and plant it in our yard. Apparently, this has been known to work because ivy is such an aggressive plant. But when I saw the pile of dead ivy vines that Matt said he was going to plant in our yard, I couldn't help but laugh. I should have taken a picture so you could see how hopeless it looked. But we made a trip to Lowe's for some supplies and some fresh ivy to add to the dead brown vines we were planting. The goal is to have an ivy wall covering the side of our detached garage that is facing our back porch. I don't like the looking back there and seeing the white vinyl siding, so I've wanted to break it up with some greenery for a while now. Hopefully this will actually work. If it does, I'll post some before and after pics later.

After the yard project was complete, we got some grilling supplies and prepared for a visit from Tom. Who knew we'd be getting live entertainment for dinner as Tom read us word-for-word love letters. The majority of the weekend was then spent giving Tom dating advice :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment