Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Blogger hiccup


This weekend recap is a bit overdue.  It's from two weeks ago, but I have a good excuse.  Blogger had some hiccups last week when the site went down.  I realize the site was only down for one day and I'm a week and half overdue with this post, but it just happened to be the one day I sat down to do this post.  See, told you it was a good excuse!  

So two weekends ago, we decided to do some exploring at the White Water Center.  We've been there for rafting and zip-lining, but we've never walked the trails.  Saturday was the perfect day for that, so we set out for a quick hike.


The trails were marked for mountain bikers and hikers.  We had to dart out of the way when the bikes came zipping by.  We've been doing more biking ourselves lately, but only street/sidewalk biking.  I don't have a mountain bike.  Mine is what I call a "boardwalk bike" - super comfortable but not the least bit rugged.  As we walked the trails, we joked about what it would be like for me to try biking these same trails.  We decided that I would definitely not make it out alive on a bike.  I don't know how people bike these things.  There are huge tree roots all over the paths, and there are some serious drops!  I mean look at the picture below.  That drop is taller than I am!  We saw a sign that read "Try walking the trail before you bike".  Seriously people, that is a good idea.  After walking these trails, I would never attempt to bike them!


We worked up our appetites on the trails, so we drove over to Jim 'N Nick's.  This is one of our favorites from when we lived in Birmingham, AL.  It's a bit far of a drive all the way from our house, but it's pretty close to the White Water Center, so we couldn't pass up an opportunity to stuff ourselves with cheesy biscuits.


With stuffed bellies, we came home and took a nap.  Our plans for the evening were to go over to a friend's house to watch the fights, mostly the main event, the  Manny Pacquiao fight.  Our friend put up the big inflatable screen for the party.  I kind of want one now, or at least when we have a backyard big enough one day!  How fun would that thing be for movie parties?  It was a fun night, ending with a Pacquiao win.  Go Pacman!


Lastly, I couldn't resist this little lion toy at Target on Sunday.  I scooped it up for Furgie and she was one happy pup.  That little lion has not left her side since!  Everyone in the McCoy household had a good weekend :)






0 comments:

Post a Comment